Below are the various forms and petitions you will use throughout your time in the major. All should be sent to Political Science Advising, where they will be processed and signed before being sent to the appropriate university entity for final processing and approval.
- Submit a Change of Major petition when you have completed pre-major requirements and need to be moved into full major status. DO NOT delay! There are a few perks that come with being a full major, including priority registration in upper division courses.
- Submit a Memo of Understanding if you are completing another major in addition to Political Science.
- Submit a course petition if you are:
- Petitioning a course from outside of the Political Science Department to count toward your major
- Wishing to reallocate a course from one area to another (ex. moving POLS 114 from Political Theory to American Politics)