Undergraduate Forms and Petitions

Below are the various forms and petitions you will use throughout your time in the major. All should be sent to Political Science Advising, where they will be processed and signed before being sent to the appropriate university entity for final processing and approval. If you are sending multiple petitions, send them as separate files, all in PDF format.

Political Science Pre-Major Sheet

Political Science Full Major Sheet

Change of Major/Emphasis Petition

  • Submit a Change of Major petition ONLY when you have completed pre-major requirements and need to be moved into full major status. DO NOT delay! There are a few perks that come with being a full major, including priority registration in upper division courses. 

Memo of Understanding for Double Majors

  • Submit a Memo of Understanding if you are completing another major in addition to Political Science.

PolS 99 Petition

PolS 199 Petition

PolS 199RA Petition

PolS Science 192 Internship Application

Senior Honors Thesis Seminar (PolS 197 A-C) Unit Reallocation Petition

Course Petition

  • Submit a course petition if you are:
    • Petitioning a course from outside of the Political Science Department to count toward your major
    • Wishing to reallocate a course from one area to another (ex. moving POLS 114 from Political Theory to American Politics)