This scholarship is dedicated in memory of Kevin Patrick Moran, a UCSB honor student who lost his life in the process of bringing peace to the Isla Vista Community. The fund shall be used to provide scholarship assistance to worthy undergraduate students who demonstrate not only leadership qualities but a high degree of academic promise and have demonstrated a devotion to the way of life consistent with the peaceful principles by which Kevin Moran lived.
The Department of Political Science seeks applicants who have dedicated time and effort to activities that advance the goals of mutual understanding, cooperation and non-violent resolution of disagreement or conflict.
- This scholarship is open to Juniors and Seniors with preference given to Political Science majors
- Leadership involvement in community and campus service activities
- Submission of an essay on the topic of Conflict Resolution: Advancing the ideals of peace and cooperation
- Strong academic performance
- Recipient must be a registered student for at least one quarter of the 2019-20 academic year
Application deadline for Spring 2019 is May 13th, 2019.