We welcome applications from highly-qualified prospective students in all areas. If you are considering applying, please feel free to contact the department by email or phone:
Carol Conley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Program Coordinator
Ellison Hall, Room 3835
Prof. Andrew Norris - email@example.com
Admissions Committee Chair
Ellison Hall, Room 3720
Applying to the Political Science Department at UCSB
The APPLICATION DEADLINE is December 15 for the following September. Students are only admitted into the program for Fall Quarter.
All application materials should be submitted via the Graduate Division's Online Application. For department specific information and a link to the online information, please visit the Political Science section of the Graduate Division webpage.
The department requests the following materials (submitted online):
- Transcripts from each college and graduate program attended: Please upload unofficial transcripts online. Originals are sent directly to the Graduate Division, only if admitted and attending.
- Three letters of recommendations
- Official score reports on the Graduate Record Examination GRE (institution code 4835)
- Statement of Purpose, Personal Achievements/Contributions, and Resume or CV.
- One writing sample
- TOEFL score for international students
For more information, on applying to a graduate program at UCSB, please visit the Graduate Division's application webpage.